Notes Plus - Handwriting, Note Taking, Shape Drawing, and Sound Recording
- Price: $5.99 In Apple Store
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 2011-02-11
- Current Version: 2.2.1
- 2.2.1 (iOS 4.0 Tested)
- Size: 4.90 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Viet Tran
- Requirements: Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 3.2 or later
- © Viet Tran
Add to Favorite apps
2010 Best App Ever nominated in both categories: Best Productivity and Most Innovative."The note-taking app you've been waiting for" - Mac|Life Magazine, January 2011"This app brings an amazing experience to the iPad" -…..
What's New in Version 2.2.1
*** For support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://notesplusapp.com - don't put questions in the review here because I can't answer them ***
- Fix the delete recordings bug.
- Provide an option to sort notebooks by updated time.
- Adjust notebook name display to make longer names visible.
Rated 2/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Notes App Review: Notes Plus, UPAD, Penultimate
Here is a comparison of key functionality in each based upon my personal preferences, priorities, and experience.
1. Handwriting Notes - UPAD is the clear winner with a movable close-up entry box and the ability to resize the area of the page that shows in the close-up box. Pen/highlighter selection is quick. There are multiple options for erasing and undo. The same process is used for marking up PDFs. Very smooth and writing looks great. NOTES PLUS also has zoom and close-up writing plus a unique feature where you can select sections of written notes and move them around the page, but this feature tends to crash the app and loses other data on the page. The close-up box is somewhat jerky and flashes during the writing process (especially in landscape mode). PENULTIMATE is great for quick notes as it opens the fastest, but lack of close-up or zoom capabilities limits the amount of data that can fit on a page.
2. Sending/Sharing - PENULTIMATE wins for simplicity (just tap the individual pages from a notebook you wish to send). NOTES PLUS wins for flexibility if used in conjunction with its Page Management capabilities to copy the pages you want to send to a separate notebook. Without using page management, you are limited to a single page or all pages from a notebook. UPAD is limited to either a single page or range of consecutive pages within a notebook.
3. Page Management/Organization - NOTES PLUS is the clear winner with the ability to arrange pages within the same notebook or move/copy pages between notebooks. You can also create folders. PENULTIMATE allows for arranging pages within a notebook. UPAD does not allow for arrangement of pages within a notebook, or copying pages between notebooks.
4. PDF Markup - only UPAD currently has PDF markup. You get the same great handwriting tools as noted above. Portrait mode is near perfect, although landscape documents are rotated to show within a portrait page. Hopefully this gets fixed in the next release.
5. Image Markup - again, only UPAD has, although it's somewhat quirky at this point and you can't paste images into notes.
6. Text Entry Via Keyboard - Both UPAD and NOTES PLUS offer this feature with the ability to resize and move the box in which text is entered.
6. VGA Out - both PENULTIMATE and UPAD have VGA out at this time. I plan to use it for business, but haven't tried it yet.
7. Sound Recording - only NOTES PLUS has, but I haven't tried it yet as it is not important to me.
8. Shapes - again, only NOTES PLUS has, but I really haven't tested much as I don't have a lot of use for it, but seems pretty neat.
SUMMARY: Each app is great in its own way and seems to cater to a different group. If I could keep only one, it would be UPAD.
UPAD is the best app for handwritten notes. Based upon its smooth, intuitive handwriting engine alone, UPAD is the clear winner for me. Add in the PDF capabilities, and the lead is even bigger. I just wish the page management feature were there and they fix the landscape PDF issue.
NOTES PLUS seems to be a fantastic app for taking notes while audio is being recorded and arranging/organizing content. Again, page management is superb and the developer seems to be very engaged and responsive. I would expect that many of the crashes are due to hardware limitations of the current iPad model, and this app will benefit most from the additional RAM and processing power of iPad 2.
PENULTIMATE is great for quick notes and sending out sketch ideas as long as there is not the need to have a lot content or smaller detail on the page.
All three apps are worth the price and I'd heartily recommend trying all three. Good luck in finding the one that's right for you.
Eraser is needed. Is not efficient to have to circle every little mistake in order to erase it.
Also needs to export to Evernote.
Overall, very nice.
Bad app for notes
1) No eraser!!! There is a way to delete a section of the page but no eraser. Why??
2) Handwriting lags, it's choppy and horrible compared with other apps with same functionality.
3) Palm protection is buggy.
4) Auto advance in zoom mode leaves big spaces between words or even within a word.
5) The areas to type notes is boxed so I can't just have a full page of typed notes without dealing with multiple text boxes which makes editing painful.
I have other apps for taking notes using a stylus but needed to mix typed and handwritten notes. I purchased this app based on the good reviews but wasted my money.
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes
Related to «Notes Plus - Handwriting, Note Taking, Shape Drawing, and Sound Recording» applications
The first LANDSCAPE and PORTRAIT multi-desktop note taking app!Sticky Desk is simply the best note taking / sticky note app for the iPad! - Text notes - Audio notes (record with the microphone) -… [more..]
Price: $2.99 |
Complete note taking (text, drawing, and more) application for every situation. Use it to jot down notes during class or in a meeting while you're recording audio. Take notes hierarchically in… [more..]
Price: $4.99 |
**iOS5 TESTED and READY!!!**Note Binder is a very visual, simple and familiar way of organizing your notes with Binders and Folders. One tap access to all of your Binders. Routine tab navigation. … [more..]
Price: $6.99 |
WriteOn is a note taking requirement for any iPhone / iPod Touch user.We have incorporated the ability to include all of the following in a note:* Textual note - Any font, style, or color* Audio note … [more..]
Price: $2.99 |
GOOD MEMORY IS NOT BETTER THAN A HALFPEN!DukePen is a professional hand writing notes app that brings back the charm and benefits of using stationery pens and paper to working with notes on your iPad… [more..]
Price: $1.99 |
For minimalists who want to quickly take notes on their iPhone. Fast Note lets you instantly write down your notes and send them via email. Unlike other apps, Fast Note focuses on speed and doesn'… [more..]
Price: $1.99 |
Trunk Notes is a powerful note taking app and personal wiki. Create notes, format notes, and link notes together. Trunk Notes is the app for notes on the move.Buy Trunk Notes and install it on your… [more..]
Price: $3.99 |
The one app to organize all your classes! Take notes while recording lectures and the audio will sync to the text, manage homework & exam dates, store & calculate grades, and organize info… [more..]
Price: $4.99 |
TRY IT FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME!!!Meta Notebook is designed as a beautiful and simple way to take notes, keep a diary, and jot down things worth remembering. The app takes advantage of new iOS 5.0… [more..]
Price: free |